Sunday, November 7, 2010

11/7/2010 - Background

After reading my previous posts, Sweet Husband has suggested I give some background information in case, in the future, people who do not know me start to follow me. Those of you who know me personally can skip to the bottom.
I work as an actor and a group exercise instructor at a local gym. So when I refer to work followed by the word class, it's usually about the gym. I teach 8 classes a week and pick up a few here and there if needed. Imagine if you will the world's worst hangover. Just opening your eyes sets the room a-spinnin'. Now imagine that room is filled with 30 faces that are looking to you to give them a good workout. And now, please, work out for 60-120 minutes. That's how going to work is for me lately.
Before this whole mess started, Sweet Husband and I had decided we wanted to adopt. We definitely want children, but as I have stated before, I just didn't want to have them. We had found an organization that works directly with DCFS (Department of Children and Family Services) and had entered the Fost/Adopt program when I got the blessed news that my life was officially over. Southern California Foster Family and Adoption Agency, or SCFFAA, requires that perspective adoptive parents enroll in 24 hours of training to become certified foster parents. This is broken down into three 7-hour classes and one 3 hour class. After becoming certified, if a child becomes available for adoption (by the court terminating the parental rights of the birth parents), you are allowed to move forward and adopt if you so desire.
And before anyone asks, YES, we are still going through with the classes and the eventual fost/adopt, we just have to figure out a new time line for ourselves. The news of the Tic Tac (this is my fetus for all who haven't read the previous posts) did not deter us in the least. Adoption we want, adoption we will have!
*sigh*
I guess that's it with the background info. If there's something else you need to know, just ask.
Now, on to today!
Woke up the same as ever, except this time was served cinnamon Life (dry, thank you) in bed before a toe even hit the floor. When it did, the same feelings were with me. Headache, nausea, dizziness. Imagine eating a meal, not too filling but not tiny either. You expect it to land in your stomach and stay there for an hour or two before making it's departure through the rest of your digestive tract and leaving you feeling hungry, yes? Well when I eat, the food lands in the soft part of my throat and stays put for HOURS. Go ahead and take your finger to your neck. Find your esophagus and slide that finger down until it resides in the soft little hole at the base of your neck between your collar bones. THIS is where my food sits. Does it ever hit my stomach? I'm not sure. I can't really remember when in the past 5 weeks that I haven't felt the food sitting right there. Divine, I tell you. Simply divine.
Today, I was booked to shoot a scene for a new web series. Off I went. I made sure to eat a little something before I went so that my throat was good and full and I wouldn't have to find anything there to choke down. I arrived at set a few minutes before lunch and went into makeup. Soon the AD came in to call lunch. "It's good today! We have El Pollo Loco!"
OH...MY...GOD. Chicken is one of the many things that sends me straight to the kitchen sink. I can't talk about it. I can't look at it and I sure as hell can't smell it! As I cautiously walked out of the makeup room, the smell of dead, roasted bird hit me like a fist to the face. Immediately I gagged (trying to hide it in my shirt sleeve) and ran (well, walked fast) out of the house. Try doing THAT while looking professional and avoiding any questions! I had to stay outside for the entirety of lunch just to make sure the smell had dissipated. So chalk that up to the list! There are now foods I can't even be in the same room as (cooked spinach...OMG)!
This sure is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment